Identify a core group of key influencers, potential leaders who are well respected regardless of their level of hierarchy. Routinely check in with them to assess whether they see evidence of culture change. They should be honest brokers who offer candid feedback to leadership about the challenges and opportunities within the organization’s culture.
In addition, measure your progress across multiple dimensions:
- Are we performing better on our core operations?
- Remember, what gets measured gets done, so make sure your metrics are connected to the right behaviors.
- Are we seeing more critical behaviors exhibited more often?
- Are we on track implementing the changes we agreed to make?
- Are attitudes shifting in the desired direction?